Notts driving school’s Terms and conditions are as follows;
1. You must be of legal age to drive the vehicle and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence.
For any Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid driving licence must be produced before the training can commence.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20 metres this is for vehicles with new-style number plate (starting with two letters followed by two numbers)and 20.5 metres for vehicles with old style number plates. If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. It is your responsibility to notify your driving instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, or for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you need to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for in full. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you fail to attend. Your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons should be paid for in advance by bank transfer or at the time of the lesson by cash or cheque. Any cheques should be made payable to your instructor.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
We will endeavour to follow guidelines given to driving schools by the DVSA.
We will follow our own risk assessment and customers safety is of the utmost importance to us. However lessons are to be taken at the customers own risk and we cannot any responsibility for customers contracting COVID-19.
By booking a lesson with Notts driving school you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out above.
Thank you for your custom.